- Annual SF medal avalanche on schedule April 8, 2010
- Haiti’s Rhum Barbancourt bouncing back April 8, 2010
- Burnett’s adds 20th vodka flavor March 11, 2010
- The whisk(e)y season is dear to Ireland, Scotland March 4, 2010
- Midwest craft brewer debuts rye-on-rye February 17, 2010
- Something to toast Benedictine’s 500th February 4, 2010
A New Year’s Eve cocktail menu
Posted on December 29, 2009 by William M. Dowd
I’m releasing this expanded version of my first monthly “What will they think of next?” feature for 2010 a few days early so you can go through it to select some New Year’s Eve cocktails. For that reason, the offering is double the usual trio of suggestions. They’ve been culled from the monthly recipes shared throughout 2009.
You’ll find instructions for making “Dowd’s Marteani” (green tea, vodka, Galliano and other goodies), “Absolutly Rocking” (the spelling is a nod to its major component), “Triple Orange Margarita” (lots of flavors and fresh citrus), “Fish House Punch” (a rum drink that dates to the early 1700s), “Ward 8” (a Boston version of the whiskey sour) and “The Last Word” (a gin oldie making a comeback).